I love his story about the kids in Long Island! He's speaking about the Center for Science in the Public Interest's upcoming Food Day. There are food day events happening all around the US, so go to foodday.org and check out how you can get involved.
Food day's goals are:
- Reduce diet-related disease by promoting safe, healthy foods
- Support sustainable farms & limit subsidies to big agribusiness
- Expand access to food and alleviate hunger
- Protect the environment & animals by reforming factory farms
- Promote health by curbing junk-food marketing to kids
- Support fair conditions for food and farm workers